From 2004 to 2019, in Vela & Salvador arquitectos SLP, projects in the main Hospitals and public and private clinics of each Community of the Spanish Geography: Servicio Galego Saude, Government of Asturias, Osakidetza-Euskadi, Generalitat Catalunya, Ib-Salut Illes Ballears, Generalitat Valenciana, Salud Madrid, SACYL (Health Service of Castilla y León), Sescam (Health Service of Castilla la Mancha), Consejería Sanidad de la Junta de Andalucía, Servicio Murciano de Salud, Servicio Gobierno Canario de Salud. (Adult and Paediatric Oncology Units, Day Hospitals, ALE Radiotherapy Units, Tac, MRI, Brachytherapy, Emergencies, Operating Theatres, CMA, Adult and Paediatric Hospitalisation).
CV - AWARDS
Paula Gómez Vela
- Superior Architect (2000) Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Doctorate in Biomedicine (PhD) (2021) Excellent Cum Laude. European University. “Effect of light and colour in hospital environments to reduce stress levels and improve quality of life in cancer patients”.
- Master in Bioclimatic Architecture and Sustainability (2018) Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Scholarship holder at Oxford Brookes University (UK) 1997-1998.
- Since 2013 she has been a lecturer and researcher at the European University. Specialist in Architecture for Health: Evidence Based Design (EBD), Neuroarchitecture and Colour Psychology.
- In 2015, she created the brand Vela Design I+D coordinating and designing architecture projects, Healing Environments and research following the Scientific Method (EBD). For Hospital and Educational Environments.
- Advisor on the drafting of the 2016-2019 Humanisation Plan for the Madrid Regional Ministry of Health.
- Humans 2021 International Humanisation of Architecture and Health Award for the Best Research Project Humans 2021 International Congress“”Humanisation of Architecture for Health: Better cold or warm chemotherapy units?”.
- 2018 Award for Best Research Project R&D Innovation Grant and Best Communication Spanish Engineering Association“Can good architecture collaborate in people’s disease process? Acute effect of the environment in oncology patients”.
- TEVA Humanisation Award 2018 for the project “Al Cobijo de los árboles, Unidad de Urgencias del Hospital Universitario la Paz de Madrid”.
- First Prize 2016 Gunenthal Foundation for its work against child pain together with the Pain Unit of the Hospital La Paz.““Project from the Pain Unit to the Colour Unit””.
- First Prize 2013 AEIH (Spanish Association of Hospital Engineering) for “Nanotecture. Architecture of emotions”.